Rules & Event Information 2022
- This Event is sanctioned by the National Dance Council of America, Inc. No responsibility for loss or theft left in the changing rooms, ballrooms or hotel can be accepted by the organizer, or by the National Dance Council of America, Inc., and neither can they be held liable for injury sustained by persons attending this event. Everyone attending does so at his or her own risk. All persons attending this event, whether as spectators, competitors, officials, or guests of the organizer, shall be bound by the National Dance Council of America, Inc. rules, and by participating in this event automatically become obligated to adhere to them.
- All closed syllabus events will be invigilated per the NDCA Approved Figures, Elements and Restrictions. In addition to invigilation, NDCA dress codes will be strictly enforced. NDCA rule book: www.ndca.org/pages/ndca_rule_book/Default.asp
- Competitors contact your studio/teacher for details on price information and participation fees.
- SINGLE DANCES: A Student may enter 4 Consecutive Levels and an OPEN, 2 AGES your true age and one below.
- Pro/Am & Am/Am Scholarships: You must enter the highest level scholarship, as danced in Single dances. A Student / Couple must enter 5/4 single dance entries for every scholarship entered.
- SOLO: Three lifts are permitted for the whole performance. Maximum time including entry and exit is 4 minutes.
- CABARET: Unrestricted, free form solo. Maximum time including entry and exit is 4 min 45 sec. Use of Props Is NOT allowed, unless always used by one or both dancers and is not left on floor.
- Pro-Am & Am/Am Scholarship money will be paid in full if 3 or more couples are registered in the event. If there are only 2 couples in an event the prize money will be Halved. If there is only 1 couple registered the prize money will be $100.
- Please make sure that you have your completed entry forms returned to us by our closing date. Please note that a $50 late fee per person will be charged after the deadline.
- After the deadline, only Cashier’s Checks, Money Orders, Zelle, Venmo or credit cards with a 4% convenience fee will be accepted. CASH ONLY at the DOOR.
- After we receive your information, we will send you an invoice/confirmation. Please check this closely for spelling, correct entries, and correct charges and let us know immediately if we need to make changes. Please be advised that at the competition we may not have the time to make changes or take additional entries.
- Upon arrival at the hotel, one representative from the studio should come to the registration desk and pick up all packages. Outstanding Balances Must Be Paid Before Packages Can Be Released. Each participant will be given a heat list showing what heat and time he/she is dancing. Please be advised that the time listed is approximate and subject to change. Each competitor should be present in the ballroom at least 30 minutes prior to his/her scheduled dance time. When you receive your heat sheet, please check and make sure your dances, levels, and ages are correct. We need to be made aware of any mistakes as soon as possible.
- Competitor numbers can be picked up from the registration desk. If you are competing, you must have proof of your current registration with the National Dance Council. If you are not on the NDCA roster and do not have a current card or a receipt showing you have paid for a current registration, you will be required to register at the competition or you will not be allowed to compete. Please help us to to expedite the check-in process by registering online in advance at www.ndca.org/register/.
- Cancellation Policy, only for medical emergency with a doctor’s note.
Credit for 2023 Kings Ball minus any meals purchased or a refund minus any meals purchased and minus 10% administration fee. Refunds are issued by check 30 days after the competition.
No refunds will be given for entries canceled during the competition.
- Seating will be according to packages and the date of the order with preferred seating going first to package holders. All seats in the ballroom are numbered and match ticket numbers. Seating is assigned when tickets are ordered. Therefore, any groups wishing to sit together should order tickets at the same time. If you are scheduled to dance and you are not on a package you are required to purchase an admission ticket.
- For Award Points , Please see World Dancesport Series site.